We are hiring for a Senior Manager position to lead a cross-functional Data Science practice within a leading retail organization.
Context: the senior leadership decided to strengthen their data science initiatives and leverage their data assets across the business. In this role, you will be leading this practice that is tripling in size this year.
🍁 Location: GTA
👌 Work arrangement: hybrid, 2-to-3 days a week in the office
💼 Job type: Permanent
Responsibilities – Senior Manager, Data Science
- Develop the data science roadmap and lead the strategy, in collaboration with senior leaders from the different business divisions (Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, etc.).
- Identify business opportunities that can be solved by your data science capabilities and provide significant ROI.
- Leadership – you will be managing a team of 3 Data Scientists and scale it up to 10 by the end of the year
Requirements – Senior Manager, Data Science
- At least 6 years of experience in a data science function with strong knowledge of Python, SQL, and cloud technologies. FYI – GCP is the current tech environment.
- 1-to-3 years of leadership experience
- Business-driven: identify business opportunities and build data products that have a tangible impact on the business.
- Fail fast, fail often, be iterative. We are looking for someone who can think quickly, prove the value of data products and get some buy-in from senior leaders in the business.
- Big bonus if you have solved e-commerce, digital or supply chain related business challenges.
3 reasons to join the team:
✅ The team – this is a very dynamic environment with a flat structure, enabling quick-decision making and empowering the team members to make the right call.
✅ The brand – you will be joining one of the leading retailers in North America, offering growth perspectives for your career.
✅ Remuneration – Competitive base salary, bonus, stocks, and numerous social benefits.
At Hello World Recruitment, we are committed to helping data professionals to grow their career by providing meaningful opportunities. If this role doesn’t perfectly match your career aspirations, feel free to reach out, and I will present you with more suitable opportunities.
For any questions, please reach out to: email@example.com